Hotels in Melbourne, Australia
- Comprehensive hotel search for Melbourne online
- Find a cheap hotel in Melbourne!
- Book at the ideal price!
It’s Marvellous, It’s Magnificent, It’s Melbourne
“I think Melbourne is by far and away the most interesting place in Australia.” - Peter Temple
Set on the banks of the Yarra River, Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city, the capital of the state of Victoria, and a regular in the list of the world’s most liveable cities. Home to a vibrant arts scene, iconic laneways, and gorgeous green spaces together with fabulous dining and sporting fever, a trip to Melbourne should surely feature on anyone’s bucket list. Accommodation options in Melbourne range from smart hotels to holiday apartments - choose your favourite and dig right into this magnificent city.
Arts and Culture
While Sydneysiders would likely beg to differ, most Aussies would agree that Melbourne is the cultural capital of Australia. Southbank, otherwise known as the Melbourne Arts Precinct, is a good place to start and is where you’ll find the likes of Arts Centre Melbourne and the National Gallery of Victoria. Just across the river on the corner of Flinders and Swanston Street, Federation Square is home to the Australian Centre for the Moving Image and the Ian Potter Centre. While these destinations are a must-see for culture vultures, lesser-known attractions can often hold equal appeal. Explore Melbourne’s laneways to discover hole-in-the-wall galleries and a stunning selection of street art; the latter is often best seen at Cocker Alley, Caledonian Lane, and Duckboard Place. If you want more of a culture fix, be sure to leave time to squeeze in a trip to the theatre. Choices include the Malthouse, Union House, and Le Mama.
Melbourne is something of a delight for foodies, with several of the city’s award-winning restaurants serving up everything from lunchtime specials to multi-course degustation menus. Of course, fine dining is not the only way to tantalise your taste buds here. Numerous cheap eats allow even the thriftiest of travellers to experience the city’s culinary scene. You’ll need something to wash your dinner down so you’ll be pleased to know that Melbourne is thought of as the coffee capital of Australia. The best baristas can often be found crafting their creations in Fitzroy and Balaclava. Fancy something stronger? Wine tours of the Yarra Valley are readily accessible from Melbourne. The best tour includes a trip on the Puffing Billy Steam Train although more adventurous types may like the hot air balloon option.
Shopping and Nightlife
Shopping in Melbourne is not to be missed. Label junkies will want to head to the likes of Emporium Melbourne and the Bourke Street Mall where big brands and labels are the order of the day. Those seeking a more offbeat shopping experience can visit iconic destinations such as the Block Arcade and the Queen Victoria Markets, both found within the Melbourne CBD. Forgotten something? Melbourne Airport’s choice of shops includes a handful of great souvenir stores. Grab a little something for those back home and they need never know you forgot. If you’ve treated yourself to some smart new glad rags, you’ll be in search of venues to show them off. Enjoy live jazz in a swanky hotel bar or grab yourself a cocktail in one of the city’s many popular bars.
Gorgeous Green Spaces
As magical as Melbourne is, you might want to take a breather now and then. You won’t need to stray far from the city centre to find a picturesque escape from the hustle and bustle - Fitzroy and Flagstaff Gardens, Batman Park, the Royal Botanic Gardens, and the World Heritage-listed Carlton Gardens are all within easy reach. If you’re travelling with kids, you might want to head straight to the fun spots instead. Docklands Park at Victoria Harbour features an interactive playground while Caulfield Park, Bayview Park in Point Cook, and Bicentennial Park in Chelsea are home to several exciting slides. Willing to travel a little further afield for a dose of greenery? There are several national parks within a one to two-hour drive of the city. The most popular include the Point Nepean, Dandenong Ranges, and Brisbane Ranges National Parks.
Not content with being Australia’s cultural and coffee capital, Melbourne also stakes a claim to the title of the Sporting Capital of the World. Indeed, it’s nigh on impossible to visit Melbourne without catching a whiff of the locals’ enthusiasm for sports. From surfing to sailing and almost everything in between, there’s a sport for everyone here. Head to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (The G) between March and September to catch a game of Australian Rules Football or soak up a little post-Christmas cricketing action at the Boxing Day Test. Rugby fans will want to take a seat at AAMI Park while the annual Australian Open, held at Melbourne Park, draws in tennis supporters from across the world. Prefer taking part to spectating? Enjoy a round of golf on one of Melbourne’s many golf courses or don your swimsuit and head south to Phillip Island to learn to surf with the professionals.
Melbourne: From coffee to culture, it’s everyone’s kind of place.
Price rangefrom Rp 299.387to Rp 40.862.261
- Hotel Space Hoteldeals from Rp 429.832
- Hotel BreakFree Bell Citydeals from Rp 653.084
- Hotel Pegasus Apart'Hoteldeals from Rp 1.495.219
- Hotel Ibis Melbourne Centraldeals from Rp 1.268.186
- Hotel ibis Melbourne Hotel & Apartmentsdeals from Rp 1.211.815
- Hotel ibis Melbourne Swanston Streetdeals from Rp 1.075.354
More Top Hotels
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands
- Four Points by Sheraton Melbourne Docklands
- Milano Serviced Apartments
- Nova Stargate Apartment Hotel
- Hotel Crown Metropol Melbourne
- The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins Melbourne
- Crown Promenade Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Mercure
- The Victoria Hotel
- Best Western Melbourne City
- Alston Apartments hotel
- Hotel ibis budget Melbourne CBD
- Hotel Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens
- Apartments Of Melbourne Collins Street
- The Abbotsford Mansion
- Arrow on Swanston
- Mercure Welcome Melbourne
- Metro Apartments on Bank Place Melbourne
- Winston Apartments
- BreakFree On Collins
- Hotel Richmond Hill
- Platinum City Serviced Apartments
- The Ritz For Backpackers
- Tribeca Serviced Apartments
- Apartments Melbourne Domain - Collins Street
- Wyndel Apartments Southbank Views
- InterContinental Melbourne
- Kimberley Gardens Hotel
- Flinders Backpackers
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
- Brady Hotels Central Melbourne
- Hotels in Jakarta 13739 Hotels deals from Rp 108.103
- Hotels in Bandung 6203 Hotels deals from Rp 108.446
- Hotels in Kuta 6828 Hotels deals from Rp 97.963
- Hotels in Seminyak 5710 Hotels deals from Rp 97.791
- Hotels in Ubud 6969 Hotels deals from Rp 135.773
- Hotels in Legian 1097 Hotels deals from Rp 128.039
More Top Destinations
- Lubuk Baja
- Kuala Lumpur
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Rawai Beach
- Senggigi Beach
- Las Vegas
- Batu Ferringhi
- Tanjung Benoa
- South Male Atoll
- Phnom Penh
- Kata Beach