Hotels in Genting Highlands, Malaysia
- Comprehensive hotel search for Genting Highlands online
- Find a cheap hotel in Genting Highlands!
- Book at the ideal price!
Let the Good Times Roll in Genting Highlands
Genting Highlands is a veritable Pleasure Island, just swap the island for misty hills 2000 metres above sea level and you have yourself a haven of non-stop fun. While there’s a lot of natural beauty in the surrounding countryside, the Highlands is more of a slick mega resort, with its claim to fame being Casino de Genting, Malaysia’s only gaming venue with enough slot machines and gambling tables to fill several football fields. There’s also the much-anticipated 20th Century Fox World theme park slated to open in 2017, and the Arena of Stars which hosts big name performers and the MTV Asia Awards. The Highlands Hotel, built in 1971, was the first hotel tucked away on the lush hillside, and development hasn’t stopped since. Throughout the years, the vast entertainment and leisure options have made the Highlands a must-see destination on any Malaysian itinerary.
Is there Such a Thing as Too Much Fun?
If there was ever a place to open your wallet and let loose, it’s Genting Highlands. You can pick your poison amongst the long list of nightlife possibilities, but you can have just as much fun during the day time, too. Theme Parks are a specialty of Genting Highlands, and while the newest water and amusement park is close to completion (2017), Snow World provides an interesting contrast to the green landscapes and jungle backdrop of the Highlands. It’s always winter at Snow World, and visitors are treated to European streetscapes complete with twinkling lights, frosty windows, and of course, glistening snow. Take a ride on the toboggan slide, throw some snowballs, and don’t miss the LED night time light show.
If you haven’t tired yourself out, how about some glow in the dark bowling when you’re finished? This evening activity has a lively atmosphere, and it’s a great way to show off your hidden bowling skills – gutter balls not included. And how about some fun in the form of retail therapy? Shopping is brought to a whole new level, literally, at Premium Outlets Genting Highlands, which has the title of being Southeast Asia’s first hilltop shopping centre, and at 600,000 square feet, it’s an impressive one indeed. Alternatively, First World Plaza and Sky Avenue are smaller shopping malls that your feet might thank you for. The good news, though, is that you won’t have to go far to get back to your hotel, because where there is a theme park, shopping mall, or main attraction, there is a hotel within sight.
Don’t Forget to Spend Some Time Outside
If you’ve been having a blast indoors, you might be craving the sun, and the elevation of Genting Highlands means that you can comfortably spend time outside without the sweltering temperatures found in the rest of Malaysia. This is good news for golf enthusiasts, who have the option of a round of golf at the Awana Genting Highlands Golf & Country Resort. Eighteen holes here is as close as it gets to golfing in the clouds, and at over 3,000 feet, the views are incredible. The natural surroundings add to the experience, and the crisp air is sure to help you out with your game.
If you find that you enjoy being high up in the hills and want to do some exploring, look no further than Gunung Bunga Buah found in Gotong Jaya, a small town just outside of Genting Highlands. It’s a moderate one to two hours to the peak of the mountain, and mossy forests, wild orchids, and striking granite outcrops ensure a worthwhile climb to the top. Fresh air is also abundant at the Chin Swee Caves Temple, a 28-acre complex built for the Reverend Master Chin Swee, who is revered for his abilities to summon rain and drive away evil spirits. On the site, there are also statues of Buddha and Kuan-yin who receive prayers from visitors from all over Asia. A nine-story pagoda is another place of worship and reflection, with 10,000 blessing lamps for those that hope to be blessed by Buddha.
Book Early to Avoid Disappointment
When planning your trip to the Genting Highlands, it’s important to keep in mind that this busy tourist destination has hotels that book up fast, due to its one hour proximity to Kuala Lumpur, and its accessibility from an expressway – something that other similar destinations in Malaysia can’t say. The Genting Skyway, the world’s fastest and Asia’s longest gondola lift, also make it easy for tourists to get to, which means that weekends can see an influx of fun seekers, and hotel rooms that are at a premium price. But with careful planning, securing a hotel room at a reasonable rate shouldn’t be too much of a problem. While there are only five mega hotels to choose from, the original Highlands Hotel, now named the First World Hotel, recently expanded with an astounding 1,300 rooms, securing the Guinness World Record for largest hotel with over 7,000 rooms.
Price rangefrom Rp 203.726to Rp 9.736.847
- Hotel Resorts World Genting - First World deals from Rp 913.755
- Hotel Grand Ion Delemen deals from Rp 947.164
- Hotel Resorts World Genting - Genting Grand deals from Rp 8.986.004
- Hotel Resorts World Genting - Theme Park Hoteldeals from Rp 1.120.237
- Hotel Genting View Resortdeals from Rp 1.281.082
- Hotel Gloria Residences Ion Delemen Genting Highlandsdeals from Rp 86.106
More Top Hotels
- Homestay In Amber Court
- Resorts World Genting - Maxims
- 2 Bedrooms Genting Highland
- Resorts World Genting - Awana
- Seri Malaysia
- Your Genting Highlands
- Sailors Rest
- DZH Health Resort Club
- Hotel Genting Highlands
- Awana Genting Highlands Private Condominium
- Sky Delemen Suites
- Goodfields Residence
- Resorts World Genting – Resort Hotel
- Home Sweet Home 1316 Midhills Genting Highlands
- Ownastay @ Genting Highlands
- Relax & Comfort Stay Genting
- Elegant Homestay @ Midhills Genting
- Swiss Garden Hotel And Residences Gh
- Geo 38 @ 38 Genting
- Family Cozy Home @ Midhills Genting L 8 Mins Gpo
- Ownastay At Midhills Genting
- Maxim Genting
- Cozy Modern Home 7 Pax @ Geo 38 Residences
- Home Sweet Home @ 10 Midhills, Genting Highlands
- Jasmine’s Crib - Perfect For Relaxation
- Home Sweet Home Vista 1105 Genting (free Wifi)
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur 22634 Hotels deals from Rp 86.106
- Hotels in Singapore 5144 Hotels deals from Rp 193.394
- Hotels in Jakarta 13881 Hotels deals from Rp 108.321
- Hotels in Lubuk Baja 566 Hotels deals from Rp 155.679
- Hotels in Bandung 6243 Hotels deals from Rp 108.666
- Hotels in Bangkok 21757 Hotels deals from Rp 86.106
More Top Destinations
- Batu Ampar
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Karon Beach
- Senggigi Beach
- Nusa Dua
- New York
- Gili Trawangan
- Rawai Beach
- Las Vegas
- Batu Ferringhi
- Tanjung Benoa